GREENWICH – Jewish Family Service of Greenwich is expanding its support group services and introducing The Support Group Center of JFS.
Support groups offered by JFS of Greenwich include a weekly ongoing Divorce Support Group, held on Wednesdays from 5:30-6:45 p.m., and a weekly ongoing Bereavement Support Group, on Tuesdays, from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Other support groups include:
• Seven Basic Attributes; for those seeking wholeness, comfort, and connection in challenging times, as well as those in need of personal growth and healing, will find strength and support through this group. Facilitated by Lisa-Loraine Smith, LCSW, and Rabbi MJ Newman, Jewish Chaplain, Greenwich Hospital, seven Fridays, noon – 1 p.m., beginning Oct. 19. This program meets at the Greenwich Hospital chapel.
• Parents of Children with ADD/ADHD and Other Learning Disabilities, an eight-week group designed to provide support and education for parents whose lives have been impacted by their child living with ADHD/ADD and learning disabilities. Facilitated by Lisa Mounts, LCSW, eight Tuesdays, 12:30-1:45 p.m., beginning Oct. 23.
• Broken Families Healing Hearts, giving participants an opportunity to talk about strained family relationships – whether it is with a parent, sibling, grandparent, son or daughter. Facilitated by Lisa Mounts, LCSW. and a member of the Greenwich Jewish Clergy, eight Thursdays, 10:30-11:30 a.m., beginning Nov. 8.
• Infertility Support Group, facilitated by Randye Zerman, LCSW, eight Mondays, 11:15 a.m.-12:30 p.m., beginning Nov. 5
• Walking on Eggshells: Nurturing Jewish Identify in your Interfaith Grandchildren, a four-week discussion group to talk about the many varied challenges you face when your children are raising their kids in an interfaith family. Facilitated by Lisa-Loraine Smith, LCSW, four Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m., beginning Nov. 6.
• Parents of Lesbian. Gay, Bisexual Transsexual or Questioning (LGBTQ) Children, for parents who are dealing with any stage of their family member’s coming out process. Facilitated by Lisa-Loraine Smith, LCSW, eight Wednesdays, 12:30-1:45p.m., beginning Nov. 7.
• Surviving and Succeeding as a Stepparent will help participants with the challenges and opportunities associated with being a stepparent. Facilitated by Linda Schlapfer, LMFT, five Wednesdays, 12:30-1:45p.m., beginning Nov. 14.
• Caring for the Caregiver, a four week support group for those caring for a chronically sick loved one. Facilitated by Jennifer Englert, MSW, four Wednesdays, 9:30-10:30 a.m., beginning Nov. 14.
For more information regarding specific groups, call, (203)622-1881.