WEST HARTFORD – Children’s Reading Partners, Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford and the West Hartford Rotary Club have teamed up for the fourth annual Greater Hartford Holiday Book Drive, which provides new and gently used books to at-risk elementary school students across the region. The book drive will run from through December 18, with four drop-off locations in West Hartford, one in Manchester, and an online donation option. Donations can include hardcover or paperback books in new or very good condition, for children in grades pre-K through 3. New books are given to students and used books are donated to their school library. Drop-off locations include:
- Beth El Temple, 2626 Albany Avenue, West Hartford
- Beth Sholom B’nai Israel, 400 East Middle Turnpike, Manchester
- Congregation Beth Israel, 701 Farmington Avenue, West Hartford
- Keller Williams Realty, 29 South Main Street, West Hartford
- The Emanuel Synagogue, 160 Mohegan Drive, West Hartford
For after-hours donations, contact Bennett Forrest at (860) 977-3176. Financial contributions are also welcome.
Children’s Reading Partners is part of the Jewish Community Relations Council at the Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford.