This Conservative synagogue was incorporated in 1921, when it also purchased a site at South Sixth and Madison Streets. In 1924 the original synagogue was dedicated there and the first services were held. In 1966 the congregation moved to this contemporary style synagogue, designed by Richman and Goldberg of Boston.
Tifereth Israel Congregation in New Bedford, Mass. is seeking former members and their descendants to help the congregation celebrate its 90th anniversary in November.
For more information call (508) 997-3171, visit www.tinewbedford.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org